Thursday, February 26, 2009

the pizza yen

Poor Gina. Ever since I've been on this strict diet to get my numbers down, she's suffered with me. We haven't had a pizza in over a month and Gina was talking about pizza all day. I told her several times to go ahead and go get one with the girls but she didn't want to do it. She kept talking pizza - pizza- pizza. She tried calling around town to see if there was a place that made a wheat crust pizza. Finally, Pizza Hut said that they had a wheat pizza called The Natural Pizza. We packed the girls in the car and drove that way after work. When we got there they server told us that the wheat bread was in the freezer and if we wanted to order something else. Rather than leaving, we said we'd wait for them to de-thaw it. I never was a fan of wheat pizza or wheat pasta, but I liked the idea of having a pizza for a change. I was surprised how good The Natural really was. No, it was a big ol'greasy pizza - but it satisfied my pizza tooth. Gina liked the pizza as well. We did not care as much for the Rustica, but the vegetable was pretty darn good.

No comments: