Friday, April 6, 2007

friday underway

Gina had only two patients this morning. She took off afterwards to venture off with our girls. I got a nice daddy-daughters day during the last Friday of Spring Break with Katie and Kelsey. We had a very nice time together that day. Gina gets far less mommy-daughter days with the girls due to work (www.otgadsden.info). I don't know where they are right now but I am sure there's lots of singing and laughing going on.

I'm holding down the fort at the office while Gina is away. Plenty of stuff to do other than answering the phone and updating this blog. It's nice having Tommy back among the blogging and my old friend Darryl B. dropping in. I really enjoy being able to keep up with friends online. It's a busy life and glad that we can visit e-visit like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David - I've kept up with your blog(s) through the years and have started writing a bit myself. I'll add more family stuff to my site in the future.

Inevitably, when Kris works on a Saturday, people ask me "So, are you babysitting the kids?" to which I reply "No, I am being their Dad!" Daddy-Daughter/Son days are great (but tiring)! Tell Gina that Kris and I send our best.

db

David Finlayson said...

I've pretty much been Mr. Mom since Katie was born. These day's I'll put as much time as I can at the office but leave in the afternoon to pick up Katie from school. The good thing about Spring Break was that Katie didn't have homework. Most school days I'll head to pick up Katie, fix'm a snack, help with homework, and then start dinner. It was nice that Gina let me take a day off of work that day so I could play with Katie and Kelsey.

Most days when Katie and Kelsey are out of school, they have to find something to do at the office. They don't seem to mind it 90% of the time.

Funny thing with Katie...she hates surprises. You just can't get in the car and go somewhere. She's GOT TO KNOW where we are going and where we are going next. I on the other hand like surprising them. "Stop with the questions Katie, you'll find out when you get there."