Thursday, September 1, 2011

a virtuous woman

Gina woke me this morning with a kiss.  She said, "It's twenty one years today and I love you just as much as I did the day I married you!"

I feel the same way.  I love her even more.  I can not imagine my life without her.

Last year I wanted to do something special, but we're in the same boat this year as we were last year - a tugboat.  One day we'll go on a cruise together.  It was my hope last year, but it's just wasn't in the cards.  Nothing is in the cards this week.  I told Gina that I was going to have to be out of town this weekend.  She replied, "We're past all that, we know we how much we love each other."

She's sweet, but I'm not past it.

The above photo was taken the night I proposed to Gina.  I was working with Jamey Moore Productions at the time.  I woke up one morning knowing what I was to do that day.  God had Gina on my heart and mind that morning.  I wasn't going to let the sun go down without asking her to marry me.  I drove to work and told Jamey that I was not going to stay that day....that I was heading to Chattanooga to propose to Gina. 

God is so good.  My trip to Chattanooga was divinely orchestrated.  I simply can't explain all the nuances of that day seemed to be laid out for the two of us.  There were the string quartet made up of college professors who were up on Signal Mountain that happened to be there practicing.  No one else was there but the musicians, Gina and myself.  We know to this day that God was winking at us.
 

Every where we went that day, something unique happened, and I am convinced God unfolded those moments for us.  God is a romantic.

Gina was the one.   I'd been in relationships ...but I wanted someone in my life that would love me as much as I wanted to love.  When I met Gina, I discovered that love.  She pours herself out daily and loves without ceasing.  Gina is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls. 
What we have - we will always have.

Our anniversary week will go by quietly and with little celebration. 
Our time is consumed with other things to do this year.   We are going to have to be apart this weekend.  Nevertheless, my heart is filled.  I am thankful to God for sending Gina my way.  That this love I have is greater than I ever could have imagined.  Thanks God.
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.
- Proverbs 18:22

No comments: