Sunday, January 4, 2009

about this time - some time ago

Gina and I thought it would be a great idea to treat a bunch of our little relatives to that new Tim Allen SANTA CLAUS (1994) movie. Now all those little ones are all grown up - most of them through school - some of them married - no grand children as of yet. It doesn't seem that long ago. Gina and I were living in Kentucky - and I believe it was Gina's idea to get them all together and see them all at once.

Even though time made them bigger and more adult-like - an uncle loves them just the same. Back then I was known by all of them as Silly Uncle David. Now that their brains are more mature and they've experience a bit more life - I am probably more of What's-Wrong-With Uncle David. Like any middle aged dude would do - I look at them today and wonder where time went - those little ones I used to chase and tickle. God bless each and every one of them - and where their lives take them. I am now to slow too chase them and they are too big to tickle.

I see a little Anna Dutton (now engaged) among the lot. She's my sister inlaw Jennifer's niece. Anna is now a classmate (and good friend) in Gadsden State Community College's Therapeutic Massage Program. How cool is that!

No comments: