Saturday, November 1, 2008

deals & treats

Deal: I like going to Dollar Tree. They sell USB cables there - that's right - a USB cable for a dollar. I also stock up on batteries there. The best deal is when they stock their 8 pack AA and AAA batteries. I always keep plenty of 9 volt batteries in my gig bag for when my stomp box dies. I always check out the books. Every now and then I run across a good book. This year I found a book of Saturday Night Live as well as Eli Wallach's autobiography. Both were good reads and ONLY A DOLLAR!

Treat: Every now and then I go to Walgreen's and buy a tall canister of kettle cooked peanuts. I've never had peanuts like this in my life. They are large nuts and are very crunch and most of all - tasty.

Treat: Winn Dixie sells a generic root beer that is the best I've ever had. It's called Draft Root Beer.

Deal: Gina and I have been stocking up on towels from Food World. I don't know how much longer the deal will go on but we collect stamps every time we shop there and last night I brought home a ton of towels. They ran the same deal last year and our towel closet is almost full of new towels. Heck why not? You have to buy groceries anyway - why not get towels too?


Treat: Firehouse subs has better subs than Subway and Quizno's put together. Just go there and order anything and anything is better than anything Subway or Quizno's has. I've already mentioned the M-5 from Pasghetti's.

Treat: I wouldn't recommend doing this on a daily basis because it's a lot of soft drink. Next time you are thirsty and a Kangaroo gas station is close by - pull in. Get the large soft drink in the plastic cup. Keep the cup and you can refill it for half price, .62 every time you come back.

Treat & Deal: Next time you are at the movies and ordered a large coke or popcorn - keep the cup and bag for your next outing. Premier Cinemas will let you get free refills. I kid you not. That's a treat and a deal all rolled into one.

No comments: