Friday, May 16, 2008

Murdoch and a car?


Anyone who knows Murdoch knows that he doesn't drive a car. I once heard tell that he owned a car once, but told he never drove it, just put it up on blocks. Is this the car that Murdoch once owned? This picture gives me the idea that Uncle Murdoch might have been pushing the car instead of getting in it. That would have made getting around with a car kind of difficult - especially in mountainous regions of the United States.
Murdoch traveled by buses and trains - his two legs took him the rest of the way. I remember several shopping adventures in and around Columbia, SC with my uncle in my youth. We walked to town and all around it. Columbia is a pretty big place. Murdoch wore me out! He'd venture out and about on foot for his basic needs - decade after decade. I have always been quite impressed with this man.

You've got to admit - He takes a fine picture in uniform. God bless you Murdoch!

No comments: