Monday, December 24, 2007

cast off to Christmas

During this holiday season I've been reading Katie C.S. Lewis' VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER. It's been at least thirty years since I've read it. Every Christmas season I have a reading. Mother and Kelsey have had their minds elsewhere and this reading has been for Katie. I've been averaging two chapters per night and we are only two or three chapters from completion.

This morning, Christmas Eve, Katie woke up very excited. She had a very vivid Narnian dream where she had an adventure and made a queen of Narnia. What a fantastic dream for a little girl to have.

I woke up this morning and Gina was gone. As it turns out, she has patients everyday this week except Christmas. She's arranged it for most days to be back around 1:00. I still feel a little sorry that has to spent what time she is spending away from family. Jose' was down there with her this morning. He came to the rescue to fix a leak Friday and down there today to finish up the job.

I have done nothing productive so far. It's heading toward eleven and I've been up since eight thirty. I've been reading a book I picked up at the Dollar Tree a year ago called LIVE FROM NEW YORK. It's about Saturday Night Live. It's a pretty good book. It's basically interviews with the producers, actors, writers, past and present. It's a nice read.

Kelsey woke up around 11:00. My kids got a great night sleep. I was downstairs on the couch reading the SNL book and she climbed on top of me and we talked a little and I tickled her a little. It was a nice way to begin Christmas Eve. Katie woke up shortly after Kelsey and I came upstairs. She was all excited and telling me about the Narnia dream.

I've been reading the Lewis book at night before bedtime but I think we'll go downstairs in a little while and finish off the journey. Who knows, maybe we'll pick up another chronicle to read the rest of the holiday season.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. Love on your kids, your grand kids...tickle them and blow on their belly...that is unless they are in their twenties...that would be kind of creepy.

No comments: