Thursday, December 20, 2012

Kelsey and The Hobbit

Beorn by Tim Hildebrandt
Our family has yet to see the movie The Hobbit.  School and sickness has kept us from going to see it as a family.  I started a reading of the book over a month ago and the going has been slow due to set backs in our lives.  Gina's mother, Mrs. Hale, ended up in the hospital throughout November and ended up in a nursing facility for much of December.  The girls had school, so most week nights were ruled out as reading nights.  The last few weeks Gina and I each had a bout with the flu.  The girls wanted to read further, but we were slowed down all along the way.  We were hoping that we would finish the book before the movie was released.

It's okay.  The Hobbit is to be told in three parts and I'm sure we've read enough to cover the first installment.  I was concerned when we started reading that my youngest daughter, Kelsey, might not enjoy the story.  I was concerned that she might be too young to pick up what all was being read to her.  This was not the case.  I may have to recap a little to clarify what was read, but she seems to be enjoying it just as much as her older sister.

Tonight we spent some time with Beorn and then had to bid farewell to Gandalf.

"Good-bye! Be good, take care of yourselves-and DON'T LEAVE THE PATH!"

No comments: