Friday, September 2, 2011

it's a good thing


They come into the clinic with aches and pain.

"My neck hurts."

"My low back is killing me."
"Oh my shoulders!"
"Can you help my headache go away?"
"I've been hurting all day."


I hear the complaints and problems.   I get to lay my hands on the hurt, focus on the areas of discomfort - and bring comfort.  I offer up a silent prayer for each of them as I work. 
It makes my day when I can decrease someone's pain level, or better yet, make it all go away.  It makes me feel good to make my clients feel good.  It's a rewarding experience to know that at the end of the day, I made someone's day better.

To me, massage therapy is more than simply manipulating tissue, it's more than touch.

I like my job.  I'm glad God brought me to this profession of laying on of hands.

No comments: