Sunday, October 26, 2008

one to ten

Cindy gave Brook and me and early Christmas present last Friday night. She gave us tickets to see Jackson Browne in concert down at the Alabama Theater. It was a great evening. Brook and I drove down to B'ham and had plenty of time before and after to catch up on life. We don't get much time to talk these days (as I don't with anyone) and it was Cindy's idea for us to have some brother time. Good idea! The concert was great too- even in spite of the Obama worship service at the end of the evening. Nevertheless, Jackson was great - playing our old favorites, songs the band likes to play, and song of his new album. Thank you Cindy!!!

I had to get up real early Saturday morning for massage clinic. We worked ten hours - six clients. Even though we have thirty minutes between each client - that time is taken up by changing out sheets, refreshing the area, and doing S.O.A.P notes. Maybe I'll buy a little more of my in between time back as I get faster at doing the S.O.A.P notes. I enjoyed giving each massage. I was wiped out at the end of the day. I better get used to it.
I had not eaten all day due to the gall bladder removal many years ago. I loaded up on vitamins before heading of Saturday morning. I looked forward to the evening meal. Gina and I hooked up after I left GSCC and we went to Western Sizzlin. I was disappointed by the buffet. I won't be eating there for anything other than breakfasts from here out. Almost everything I went up to get tasted like frozen food or nasty. The catfish was good though. I don't like spending money for nasty.

Western Sizzlin (Rainbow City) did a great job with the renovation - heck - even the bathrooms are clean for a change. The waitress's are always nice - service is great. Food quality though - if given a rating from 1 - 10. I'd have to give them a 2. I was so disappointed I guess because I was so hungry going in. I could've gone to McDonalds and eaten mediocre for less money. Anyone that knows me knows that I don't care for McDonalds.

I get the feeling that it's a Western Sizzlin problem as a whole. A few years ago Gina and I took were in Oxford, AL and took the girls to Western Sizzlin there. I had already been to the bar when Gina came to me and told me not to start eating. She said that while at the bar - she and Katie spotted a roach crawling out of the mash potatoes. Ech! The management gave us our money back and we left. That Western Sizzlin got a zero!

Western Sizzlin here in Rainbow City seems to be cleaner than it used to be and the people there are friendly. They have a real good breakfast on weekends. I'll give them that. Ryan's has a good weekend breakfast too. Ryan's offers better food - not great food mind you - but definitely better. I'll give them a 7 in taste. I sure wish we had a Golden Corral. They have the best buffet I've ever been to. I've been to several locations down in Birmingham and their food is consistently tasty. Sometime when your stomach is grumbling and you're in B'ham - go to the Golden Corral - it's what Western Sizzlin & Ryan's want to be when they grow up. Golden Corral gets a 10.

FYI. If you're interested in a very good - very tasty sandwich - go order the M5 sandwich at Pasghetti's in Rainbow City. Most people that go there have big Italiab meals in mind. Their sandwiches are good too - the M5 though is my favorite - yes - a 10!

I came home last night and died early. I woke up late Sunday morning. My aches from last night are finally gone. The family has spent most of the day downstairs together. I've had a constant load of wash going. I've got to turn my attention on an upcoming test Tuesday night. I haven't had the time and energy to study. I better get to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is on a M5? Thanks, Dan

David Finlayson said...

It's a juicy Italian toasted sandwich made with 5 Meats!

The next best thing is an Uncle Sam's Calzone.

The M-5 is a very filling sandwich and you might not be able to eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Pasghetti's has other good sandwiches but the M-5 is my favorite.

Greene Street Letters said...

It's kinda like an M-1 only 4 times better.
It's not quiet as good as an M-16 and nowhere in the ballpark of an M-60.

What kind of soldier uses any weapon made by Italians?

mb

David Finlayson said...

The weapons used by Italians are usually in excellent working order. They have never been fired - and only dropped once.