Wednesday, October 29, 2008

doctor my orbitals

note to self:
Don't forget to study for Kinesiology test today on Jackson Browne muscles anterior/posterior. It's the test that I've had a hard time getting to due to all the family stuff I've been having to deal with these past four days. Sunday I made time to make flash cards of muscle types, characteristics, functions, etc. Yesterday I had SOME time to actually use the flash cards. Today I will read over the PowerPoint presentation and see if I've left anything out of the flash cards. Oh - I also need to learn all the freak'n muscles in the body (and where they are) before tonight!

Muscles include:
Anterior- Frontalis, Platysma, Deltoid, Pectoralis major, Pectoralis minor, Sternocleidomastoid, Biceps brachii, Coracobrachialis, Brachialis, Brachioradialis, Flexor Digitorum, Pronator teres, Flexors of the forearm, External oblique, Rectus abdominis, Transverse abdominis, Adductors, Sartorius, Rectus femoris, Vastus medialis, Vastus intermedus, Vastus lateralis, Peroneus longus, and Tibialis anterior

Posterior - Temporalis, Splenius capitis, Levator scapula, Supraspinatus, Rhomboid major and minor, Infraspinatus, Teres minor, Teres major, Erector spinae group, Serratus posterior inferior, Long muscles of the thumb, Gluteus medius, Gluteus minimus, Glueteus maximus (played by Russell Crowe), Piriformis, Semimembranosus, Plantarsis, Popliteus, Soleus, Trapezius, Deltoid, Triceps brachi (it'such the antagonist) Latissimus dorsi, Extensors of the forearm, Illiotibial tract, Bicepts femoris, Semitendinosus, Gastrocnemius.


There you go - that's a list of the muscles that I need to acquaint myself with more before tonight. Sorry to have pulled you in on my study. I made a 94 on the A&P test. I got the big questions but missed a few of the little guys. Oh well - not perfect. The teacher was most merciful and let us get half credit if we went back and filled in the correct answer. That should bump the grade up to a higher A. I am not sure about this test tonight. I've got much of the day to study - and am doing just that. Hopefully the Kinesiology teacher will give us a "name bank" for the muscles. I can't count on it. He didn't for our skeletal test a few weeks ago. Got to pour over it all today and hope for enough recall tonight to pass this thing.

I've got to close for now. For those who read this blog - offer up a prayer. I've got to saturate before using my brain tonight.

8 comments:

Darryl said...

I'm just trying to figure our where you got that cool x-ray vision picture of my sculpted body, and why you photo-shopped the goofy guys head onto it . . .

David Finlayson said...

It was either his goofy head or yours.

Anonymous said...

Maybe some good advice for tests:
Make a recording of yourself saying the correct answers. Then spend time listening to it while you are reading it aloud.
Being the musician and artist that you are, this reinforces the auditory and visual and gives you an M80 like effect on a mailbox. It really helped me in school.

Greene Street Letters said...

JACKSON BROWN////
Unplugged.....
Uncovered.....
Muscles for all to see......
I have washed my brain ever since I saw that picture and I can't get it out of my head.....

Doctor my eye...
Doctor my spleen...
Doctor my kidney.....
Doctor my gall bladder.....
Doctor my lungs......
and on and on......

Ol' Doc J.B. Had a bod...
E-i-e-i-0
And on this bod he had no skin....
E-i-e-i-o
With epidermis here
and squamous cell there
Here a cell, there a cell, everywhere a cell, cell
Ol' Doc J.B. had a bod....
E-i-e-i-o

mb

David Finlayson said...

Funny thing - the teacher said that he'd allow a name bank but didn't have time to type it out. I told him that I had posted the muscle names at my blog and he cut and pasted them for the class from there.

I don't think I did too good on the test even with the name bank. So many distractions yesterday - and I didn't have enough time to study over the posterior muscles.

Greene Street Letters said...

posterior muscles?
Is that like "hind sight"?
Bwahhhhhh!!!!

mb

David Finlayson said...

Next time I see you - I'll show you my posterior muscles.

Greene Street Letters said...

Tease!