Wednesday, May 7, 2008

times are a chang'n

I graduated from Emma Sansom in 1977. Gina asked me if I wanted to go to my 30 plus 1 reunion later this month. For the price of the reunion - I could put some pull-offs on my old van. Wow -1977 - that was a long time ago. I've seen a handful of old classmates down through the years. I went to the 20th reunion. It was nice. It doesn't seem that long ago.

I see Tommy Puckett every Sunday. We graduated together but where not close back then. Keith Buchanan works with Puckett. I see him from time to time. People that I'd like to bump into? 1977 was the last time I saw Greg Ford. He was a buddy, and so was Mitchell Gregory. Mitchell and I go back to elementary school together (R.A. Mitchell). I've seen Mark Condra off and on down through the years. We go back to childhood together. I bump into Joey Pullen from time to time - we rode together when we were young - tricycles. I saw Rosh Harris this morning at the Post Office. She is as beautiful and as sweet as ever. I shared a lot of art classes with Pam LeCroy. We were buddies, I would not have made it through French Class l & II without her tutoring. Pam was also involved with Christian Brothers Association (F.R.E.E. House) back in the day.

Isn't school funny? You go to class day in and day out with a bunch of people and then don't see them again after graduation. I looked over the list of names at the reunion site and know that I wouldn't be able to place many names to faces.

Speaking of school -believe it or not - I am going back. I've recently been accepted in the Gadsden State Community College's (AKA: RedneckTech, Cambridge on the Coosa, University of Iran Extension) Therapeutic Massage Program. It will take me a year to go through but it will enhance what we do here at OT of Gadsden. I've ordered all my books from Ebay Half.com and I'll be heading over to enroll tomorrow morning.

This is a big step for me...because school has always given me the heebee-geebees. I am committed to do this thing because it will be good for me, good for my family and good for business. Everything so far has fallen into place. Gina said that she will be teaching me lymphatic massage techniques after I achieve my massage certification. This service will benefit Gina's past patients, as well as give us another source of revenue. We've got the room here to expand and it's a good time to take this leap. Kelsey is going into kindergarten in the Fall and I will start taking a couple of classes starting this Summer. The Mr. Mom roll is fading and I'll be taking on a new roll. Keep us in your prayers as our family enters yet another phase.

1 comment:

Greene Street Letters said...

Congrat's on school...
You'll rub'em the right way...
Good posting for your blog, I really enjoyed reading some of your history.
mb