Friday, March 14, 2008

it's Friday

Yes, and it's been a blur of a week. I look back on it and I can't remember much of anything. Most days I do what I am told by the boss (my wife) until it's time to pick up Katie from school. Evenings I'll prep dinner, give Kelsey a bath, clean the kitchen and then put the girls to bed. The past few weeks I've been crashing as soon as I get the girls down. I have been dead tired lately. Poor Gina has been getting up at 4:00 a.m. for the past few weeks so she can see a patient in the morning. Needless to say, she's goes to bed as early as possible. The days have been like endless circles, all the same.

I finally got the Physician's Area Directory to the printer this week. That was a huge hurdle. Last Friday the printer gave me a mock-up and Gina hated the cover. The cover was my design and I thought for sure she had seen and approved it. Then again, she's so busy when I tell or show her things that I never know if I'm heard or noticed during the day. I've gotten to where I write notes and place them on her phone or on her schedule book. We can spend days in the same office and not get to talk. It's nice when we can have lunch together...that's when we get to talk.

The Physician's Area Directory by the way is a booklet we're printing up of and for physicians practicing in the Etowah County area. It's not for the general public - solely for the medical community. Not as many doctors replied to our invitation the first go around but I am sure that more will want to participate once they see the first edition and what we are trying to do for the medical community. It's been one of the most involved projects I've worked on as a graphic designer in quite some time.

I look forward to the weekend. I've got A LOT of housecleaning to do. I spend most of my time at the office and it's nice to have some off days here and there so I can stay home and clean. I haven't had any off days lately, so I will need to take advantage of this weekend. I'm not singing anywhere Friday or Saturday so I've got time to clean. Bruce has asked me to be on his worship team Sunday and that's always a treat.

I didn't go to the drive-ins much last year. This year I hope to make up for it, that is if anything is worth watching. We are having SOME warmer weather. I want to slip away as soon as we start having some warmer nights. Do you hear me Jose'?