Friday, April 16, 2010

pawned

Every now and then, I'll get to drop by about the time Ron Greer and Michael Garmen are opening shop.  They start their pawn work day with prayer together.   The chances I usually drop by are in the afternoon just prior to picking up the girls from school.  That is, when I'm not needed at the clinic.  I probably drop by about once a week.  I love this place, kind of cramped in there, but always something going on.

To me, it's about as close to Mayberry that a person can get.  Somebody's always got a song, or a joke, or a story, all while doing business.  There's always something interesting going on.  I'll go, look around, maybe have a conversation, talk about God or guitars.  I never get to stay as long as I like, but I'll always be back.

I don't know why, but I'm drawn to the place.  Yep, I like going to a place with lots of guitars hanging on the wall.  I also like all kinds of retro stuff like jukeboxes, old guitar amps, LP's. etc.  This isn't the reason I am drawn to this place.  I really love the guys that run it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband would love this place. We live out of state -- but will definitely check it out when we are there. Great blog!

David Finlayson said...

Thank you for dropping by Mrs. Anonymous. God bless!

Unknown said...

Where is this shop located?

David Finlayson said...

3335 Rainbow Drive
Rainbow City, AL 35906

The store is located is between a Wendy's and a Guthrie's (chicken). It's directly across the street from a Burger King. It's a small place, packed full of cool stuff.

Unknown said...

Thanks, I'll stop in sometime. I'm a guitar fanatic and love to browse pawn shops for odds and ends :)

David Finlayson said...

Last month Ron had one of B.B. King's Lucille's.

Unknown said...

I would love to have one of those but even more I would love to be able to sit down and play one with the man himself!