Wednesday, April 15, 2009

freedom?

I went to the doctor for my two week post surgery checkup. He said that I am definitely on the mend. I am not experiencing pain - just a lot of discomfort. Of course I am not 100% well after only two weeks. I still feel kind of fragile. I can however get out of the house and do stuff. I can drive.

Gina was desperately wanting to get out of the house and away from town while the girls were on Spring Break. We were going to try to make a trip to Rock Hill, SC to see Don and Jennie for a few days. I don't know what I was thinking. We realized during the course of yesterday's doctor visit that I am not that movable as of yet. I know that I can't take sitting in a car for six hours there and back. I feel bad because Gina really could use a break. She's going to take of Thursday and Friday anyway - but I hate to see her stuck around town because of me.

I told her that she could take off with the girls and do anything she wanted to do. I don't think she wanted to leave me for any over night ventures. She might take the girls to Alabama Adventure (formerly Visionland in Birmingham). I never have been there and I've heard mixed reviews. I really don't know if it's worth it. I've heard mixed reviews. It will probably be a treat for Katie and Kelsey.

Poor Gina. She's usually nailed to the wall with work and I hate to see her miss an opportunity to go do something when she has the chance. We really haven't had any kind of vacation in about three years. The new business consumes so much of our time.

It's hard to believe that we've been in business for four years now. Business has been steady until recent. It's a good time during slow times to catch up on paperwork/documentation or just simply get away. I know Gina wants to get away - but I am a big hole in the boat this time around.

September of 2010 will be our 20th anniversary. Gina and I really want to do something special. We've been talking about going on a cruise. We better start putting something aside for that trip now. We had lunch yesterday with Tommy Puckett. He and Prissy just got back from a cruise. He said that it's a great value if you stay off the gambling and booze. Maybe we're stranded this time around - but we've got something to work toward.

No comments: