Monday, July 16, 2007

pleasantville

Some weekend highlights:

I got to have a nice long lunch with Mychael John Thomas. It was nice getting to see him again. It was nice laughing with him again. I came back to the office and listened to some of his music he gave me, particularly, the CD entitled HOME.

It rained. I couldn't mow my grass and got stranded at home. I've been reading a book called FLYBOYS. I'll write about it when I finish it. I was stranded because Gina and I have been working on one car. She had things to do with the girls and I stayed home. Jerry Connell called and offered to rescue me. Jerry, Adria, and I went to see the Stephen King movie 1408. It is reminiscent of The Shining, Christine and Pet Semetery. It was a good movie but there are other better movies out there to watch. I enjoyed it but recommend that you rent it if you are up for something creepy by Mr. King. We had Chinese food afterward and then I had to get back home.

Jose' and Denise wanted me to attend their family reunion. I took my guitar and songbook and played with Jose'. That was fun. It had been a long time since I had played with my friend.

That's the highlights. I'm at work now and need to get back to it.

2 comments:

A.J. said...

I watched a movie called "Flyboys" about some pilots in WWII (I think it was WWII cant remember for sure lol) It was a realy good movie though.

David Finlayson said...

It was a great movie but not the same. The FLYBOYS movie is about WWI (circa 1914 before America's envolvement) There were American citizens who believed in the war effort and joined the French's "Lafayette Escadrille". I went to see that one on the big screen. It's based on a true story. I don't know how much is true and what isn't, but wouldn't mind watching again.