Wednesday, November 3, 2010

places: other voices

“Will you tell him I was supposed to be home three hours ago?
Ask him if  I  can meet with this guy tomorrow?” 

The voice over the radio, “Sorry Lieutenant, there is an agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation here waiting to speak with you.  The Captain said he wants you here ASAP.”

“Okay-okay . . . I’m on my way.”

“. . . if Francis is with you, you are to bring him along.”

Alright, we’re on our way.  Over."

"My name’s O’Keith”

“Shad-dup....Francis!” griped Burns, “If you don’t like your name, take it up with your mother.”

“I just don’t….” 

Burns, “Drop it!”

Burns was miffed. “We’re not going to live this one down.”

“He showed us a ligit ID.”  O’Keith sighed, “We should have taken him in anyway.”

“Should have, would have, could have...it doesn’t matter now.” Burns mumbled, “We’ve got to go back to the station.  The captain’s got a federal agent in his office that wants to have a chat with us.   I sure don’t feel like taking any guff about what happened.”

No comments: