Wednesday, November 19, 2008

wednesday's gone

I studied most of the day for the Kinesiology test. I made a 91 - with a good chance of adding 5 points to it if I answered a homework question correctly. I think I did. I like extra points when given the opportunity.

Tomorrow is clinic. 4 clients - 4 massages - 4 cigars.


Good to have family back - even if I haven't seen much of them. It's good though that they are in closer orbit to my lone existence. Tomorrow Gina will be at the clinic or off bidding on a new place. She might get it - she might not. I'll let her do the bidding - while I rest for clinic. Friday I should be with her at work. I've got a lot of catch up to do there. Maybe we can go on a date in the evening. Gina's a fun girl to be with - that's one reason I married her. She likes it when I make her laugh and I try to do so every chance I get.

Saturday will be another massage-a-thon with little break in between. Come on holidays. I am counting the moments until I can give it a rest - not think about it for a bit. Let my life change gears and see the familiar faces around the Thanksgiving table. All those faces and conversations going on at the same time.

I picked up the guitar earlier in the day and played an old song that I wrote a few decades ago - a song that got buried beneath so many scraps of tabs and orphaned lyrics. The song is called Dead Man's Dilemma. I wrote it with Warren Zevon in mind - it's a fun kind of hell, fire, and brimstone song. Do you remember those fear of hell movies that you'd be shown at a Baptist lock-in? You know - The Screaming Hell? Well, this song is about a guy waking up dead and the angel of death ending up on his porch - looking through the peek-hole and ringing the door bell. Kind of gruesome - but I think it's the kind of song ol' Warren would have written if he was a born again Baptist. I know it didn't happen in his life - but that's kind of the idea behind it. I had a lot of fun putting it together way back then. I made a few minor changes to the lyrics this afternoon and think it's pretty darn good. I am surprised I didn't see it's worth way back when I originally penned it. Remind me to play it for you sometime.

No comments: