Tuesday, November 4, 2008

i voted

I got down to the polls a little while ago. It's a pretty darn good turn out. Gina called me earlier this morning and said that the line was so long this morning that she had to wait in line for 45 minutes. I am not a big fan of McCain but I am jazzed about Sarah Palin. If all goes well today - We might have Sarah as Commander In Chief just down the road.

I haven't really been following the news lately. There's not a network or station that's not rooting for the little messiah. They lost their credibility a long time ago and frankly I am tired of listening to their liberal narrative. One question I've got - if CNN is "keeping them honest" - who the hell is keeping CNN honest. All we can do is go about and live our lives, keep our business a float in spite of heavy taxation. I voted today - despite the media coverage and skewed polling data. All we can do is vote - and drive back home to cling to our religion and guns.
I spent some time with family this past weekend. Not a lot - but enough to carry me through a while. I also got to have a quick dinner with my girls last night before heading over to Gadsden State Junior College. It was good getting and giving hugs and kisses as I left Subway. It's good to know that I am loved and missed like I love and miss them.

I drove to school last night and took a test - I made a B on it. We all spent the entire evening learning how to do mud wraps. You wouldn't believe the involvement and materials in that service. I've enjoyed these past two Lab nights (Monday nights) more than I have the rest. We are learning more spa related techniques - actual hands on applications. Last Monday night we learned to do foot massage. I want to do foot massage because you get to soak peoples feet - exfoliate - and rehydrate. To me - this is foot washing of Biblical proportions. Massage at times is laying on of hands. In my quiet prayers, as I massage over people's aching muscles - I know that God is heading me toward a ministry within my future practice. I don't know where this will lead - but I know that God is in it. I have other classmates that feel the same way. I look forward to seeing how this all unfolds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, don't let the folks at Gadsden State hear you call them a "junior college". They are a Community College now! Dan

David Finlayson said...

I know. They will always be a junior college to me. Remember that an early moniker of the place used to be "University of Iran Extention". I think it's funny that the new look of Allen Hall makes the place look like a mosque rather than a place of higher learning.