Thursday, November 27, 2008

good dey - eh?

Great day. I got up and started prepping the green bean dish that folks ask me to make each year. It's nothing really special - but it seems to compliment the mail course. We then packed up the cars and headed over to Glencoe for the Hale side of Thanksgiving. I love those people. I didn't just marry a good woman - I married into a good family. I look back on my courtship with Gina - and that family immediately took me in - loved me - and treated me like one of their own. Not many families do that to new-comers.

We then headed over to my brother's house where family awaited. There were some family members that couldn't make it - and it seemed a little strange not having Robby and Irene around. They drove out to spend Thanksgiving with Robert and Carrie. Robert is still hitched to the USMC - looking forward to getting out next year. It's a good outfit - but like any man's army - you are not your own when you are in uniform.

Many brought their instruments today. We all shared songs and played along with each other. It's always a very special time for me - some real good sounds - and nice moments together. The food was great - I've never tasted such fine turkey bird. They really know how to cook their poultry. I kid you not. I didn't eat a lot today - I don't know why. It seems that I got full kind of fast and only nibbled here and there through out the day. I haven't been feeling well.

Stuff has been going on with me recently. I've had leg problems. Gina says that it might be because I've been going around shoeless during the holidays - my middle aged body isn't used to going around without being shod for long periods of time. I don't know if that's the case. I've been shod when working out in the garage or going out to chop or retrieve firewood.

Yesterday (Wednesday) while trying to read a can label without glances - squinted - and something happened to my right eye. Half of it is read. I think I popped a vessel or something. I am going to see if I can get my eyes checked tomorrow - if anyone is open that day. My eyeball - and the area surrounding it felt bruised for the good part of the night - hurt to use it - hurt to be in the light. By Thanksgiving morning - the hurt and bruised feeling was gone. I did though feel kind of beat for the first part of the day. I don't know why. There's some other stuff going on that I won't bore you - I'd appreciate the prayer - two or more kind (more the merrier) of healing prayer - pray for healing from head to toe.

Other than being a little broke-down - I have been doing all right. I haven't been around Gina that much this week, but have enjoyed being with Katie and Kelsey. I have put off taking a few on-line A&P tests before Monday rolls around. I need to give that some attention tomorrow. I am going to try to take both test tomorrow night. It's best that I do them while before finals - without the added pressure.

2 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

Sorry 'bout the body stuff.
Me too.
Assorted aches and pains.
But, I'm thankful I can still do what I do.
I spent the afternoon yesterday outside with Tyler and Ashley.
Playing football with Tyler and rolling the leaves with the two of them.
We explored and sought out mystical treasure that had been left behind by Nazis. They were everywhere, even Attalla. What a heinous bunch.
We too had a good thanksgiving and retired to sleep the sleep of the dead around 9:30 p.m. It was good.
mb

David Finlayson said...

ahh the good life