Sunday, November 9, 2008

1 John 4:19

I spent most of Saturday at Gadsden State Communtiy College in clinic doing massages from 8-5. It was a long hard day but very rewarding. Sometimes I think I enjoy giving the massage just as much as the one recieving it. Gina came over and I gave her an hour long foot massage. When my last client of the day didn't show - I got to give Gina a table massage too. Need I mention that Gina had a great time at GSCC Saturday. Her lower back had been bothering her so I spent the whole time working on her back.

I am enjoying doing massage. I was getting weary of the classes these past two weeks because of all the demands of school - as well as the head-lice problem we had with the girls. We got the infestation under control. It was very difficult studying for school and fighting the attack on the home front. No one notified us that there's been an epidemic these past few months. The pharmacist just said, "Oh yeah - there's been a big problem lately". Now that we've got it under the control - I can get back to studying. Nice to have some family time before another week gets under way.

This weekend was okay. I finished a new worship song on Friday and got to play it with Bruce's team this Sunday morning. Bruce, Brook, Jimmy, and Pickle were with me on the team. The song is entitled I DO EVERY DAY. It's a song that I probably started well over ten years ago and filed it away. I ran across it a few weeks ago and the melody came back to me as I read what lyrics I had jotted down. It was during that time that Kelsey (turning 6 this week) approached me and gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. I asked her why she loved me - and she said "because you loved me first Daddy." As Linus Van Pelt once said, "The theological implications alone are astounding." As I picked the song back up after all those years - I used that moment to direct the meaning of the song. I made time before today to finally polish the song. I played it this morning not sure that I was going to really lead something that was still a little unfamiliar. Everything came together nicely.

I haven't been playing lately because of the demands of school. This week I needed a break from thinking of class all the time. It's why I accepted the invitation to play. As much as I love being on worship teams - they take everything thing from me. I nearly fell asleep at the wheel coming home after church. I nearly kept nodding off. I fell asleep on the downstairs couch for the rest of the afternoon. It is amazing to me how leading worship takes it out of me. Every ounce of energy in my being is poured out in such a short time. I can work all day doing massages (very demanding) and can't get as beat as leading worship. I wouldn't have it any other way. Leading worship is the one thing that is heaven on earth - if not for a moment. Worship is what we were created to do - I look forward to worshipping all the time - and never tire from it.

i love you 'cause you first loved me
i love you 'cause you reached down to me
through the years - through my unbelief
i found you 'cause you first found me
i love you 'cause you first loved me

No comments: