Friday, August 1, 2008

productive friday

It's drive-in movie night. Irene and Robby have been wanting to hit the drive-in for quite sometime now. So have I. Irene called earlier in the week hoping that we could go. We couldn't find out what was showing until this afternoon. I believe we are all going to see The Mummy (3rd movie of the franchise) and Hellboy 2. I've got the old Skylight popcorn popper going right now and will be taking a BIG batch for tonight. I'm also going to grill a bunch of hot dogs for the evening as well. Irene's bringing the drinks and cookies. I think the Elrods are just as much into the drive-in as much as I am.

Jose' just left a few minutes ago. He's been here since this morning working on my basement as well as painting my huge cabinet. I had to run to Colours paint store to pick up a particular paint thinner that would enable Jose' to run the satin black acrylic through his airbrush. While I was out, he quickly installed most of the trim around the basement. He did a fast and professional job. We continued to clean and prep the cabinet to paint. The actually painting didn't take long at all. Jose' also hung some nice looking molding around the top of the cabinet. He's going to be coming over again to give the unit one more coat of paint. It already looks beautiful and I can't wait till it's in my office. Thanks Jose'!

The next semester of school will be more of a demand on my time. I'll be expected to do lab work as well as classes. I'm also expected to do lab on Saturdays too (for the rest of the year). Gina's taking on yet another therapy commitment at work in which she said she'll need even more my attention as well. It's going to be getting real busy real soon. I feel good that the basement and studio area is almost finished. It's peace of mind. For the longest time we had a large construction site in our basement. The last of the trim is off the floor.

Gina never cared for the basement. When we first started the project she remarked that it was my area and my stuff. I told her that I would get rid off stuff and we'd fix it up to be a place where she'd like to spend evenings. We did just that last Tuesday night on her birthday. She's coming down here a lot more now that it looks more like a home. We've still got work to do on the old bar area. That area is now hers for crafts and such. She'd like a nice piece of furniture down there to serve off of. She'd also like some counter space and cabinets. That day is coming.

Gina's been gone all day to a one day continuing education course down in Birmingham. She went with her friend Brandy. When you are a therapist, you have to have so many continuing educations credits every year. She likes hanging with Brandy and they took some time after the course to do girl stuff together. She called a little while ago saying she'll be back in time to go to the drive-in tonight.

I've got some hot dogs to grill. I'll close for now.

1 comment: