Monday, August 11, 2008

opening ceremonies

I must admit that I've never been into the Olympics. This time around I am even less interested. Mrs Hale, my mom in-law, asked me what I thought of the opening ceremonies. Huh? I had to think a minute. I know I must have missed all the pageantry and fireworks. An image of the opening ceremonies did come to mind so I threw one together for you.

The big news is school is officially on. I accompanied Kelsey to her very first day of Kindergarten this morning. She has always wanted to go to school and unlike her father - anticipated this day. School for Kelsey only lasted an hour. She went in and found her cubby and her place at the table. It was a very exciting day. I had to kill an hour and a half after dropping Katie off at middle school. Kindergarten at Southside starts at 9:00 the first week. After dropping a nervous Katie off for her first day of 7th grade, Kelsey and I had breakfast at McDonald's. I let Kelsey spend about a good while playing in the big plastic intestines in the kids play ground area. She had a blast and the morning went on without a hitch.

I dropped the Mazda back off at Baker Tire for the forth time and this time they found the problem. They were great about fixing it and know that they had to be getting tired seeing me walking in the door. They found a leak in a line, they think was caused during the time they were replaced the master cylinder. I am just glad the problem was found and fixed. I have been driving around town for the past four weeks with my right hand on the emergency brakes. I had a few scary moments.

I picked up Katie around 3:00. She wasn't that nervous stomached child I walked in this morning. She got in the van going on about all the nice teachers and how well the day went. Yep, school is definitely on.

I picked up the Mazda MPV after I got back to the office with Katie. I've been doing a little of this and that today. It's been a very quick and busy day today. I am glad that the work day is almost over and can't wait to get home and take a cold shower. We'll probably stop on the way home and eat something or pick-up something.

By the way, Pas'ghetti's on Rainbow Drive has an incredible sandwich called the M-5. It is awesome - very filling too. The family ate there after church yesterday. They didn't have what I wanted on the lunch menu so I ordered a sandwich. Oh my - it's very good stuff.

3 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

Katie in the 7th grade.....
where did time go....
mb

Darryl said...

David,

Surely you don't think spending over a billion dollars for a few, highly trained & pampered athletes (and table-tennis players), many of whom will later be stripped of their medals due to use of performance enhancing substances, to travel around the world and compete (in venues that will not be used again) in order to promote 'world unity' (simultaneous with the war on terror, Russia's invasion of Georgia, Iranian and Korean unrest, and near-wars in South America)is a good idea?

. . . and to think it all started with a few pretty boys in togas.

David Finlayson said...

TOGA TOGA TOGA!