Thursday, August 28, 2008

my aunt millie barina

I came home from school tonight and Gina gave me the news. My aunt Millie, mom's older sister, died earlier this evening. I don't have much to say. I guess I am still in shock. Millie has had all kinds of physical problems during the past decade but always seemed to bounce back with vigor. She was a real fighter and loved life - a selfless giver - a beautiful soul that loved laughter.

There was a time in the mid to late eighties, before Gina and I married, that I spent a great deal of time with Millie. She lived a full life from the start and she could tell you countless stories of her life experience lived here and abroad. Millie was just as colorful and bright as all the wonderful paintings she created. Millie will be missed and always loved. I will look forward to meeting her once again on the other side, where sickness and death is but a faint memory. Thank you God for letting us have Millie for this time.

4 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

I am so sorry David.
I loved that lady. When I would go to the Order of Saint Luke and speak, I always looked forward to seeing her and praying with her. She was full of life and her eyes would simply sparkle when she talked.
I will miss her...
Please pass on Vicki and My condolences to the family...
Our prayers are for you and with you and your family today.
mb

RODRIGUEZ said...

The death of someone dear to us is always hard. Our love and prayers to you and your family...The picture of the red flower is so beautiful! KDR

David Finlayson said...

I will Michael.
Thank you Denise.

I talked to mom a little while ago. Upon hearing what happened - it was just time for Millie to go home. The doctor said she went down fast and died peacefully.

Yes, she did sparkle.

PEGGY ELLIS said...

I OWN 2 MILLIE BARINA PAINTINGS. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME INFO ON THE ARTIST.