Tuesday, July 29, 2008

happy birthday Gina

Gina was born this day in the year 1963 - you do the math. She doesn't mind the age - but it did bother her somewhat back when she turned 30. We were living in Bowling Green at the time and we did a good bit of celebrating in order for her to get through that sharp transition.

I wrote down some thoughts in a birthday card today that I meant from the deepest part of my being. I am so blessed to have such an incredible wife. I really can't imagine my life without her and glad God sent her my way. Gina is everything a fellow needs, wants, desires. She's the complete package from head to toe. From the start she attracted me. She is a beautiful woman with a love and light that radiates from within. I don't know of another woman that beams like she does. I tell you - I am so blessed. You hear people joking about their spouses being their "better half". I don't joke about it because I truly confess that Gina really is.

Today we had a quiet birthday. We had a gathering last Sunday to have a cluster celebration. Today though, my mother manned the phones and let us break away from the office during the early afternoon. We splurged at Red Lobster and I later picked up a whole sheet of teramasue (Gina's favorite desert) from Pasquetti's on Rainbow Drive. We then rented a movie from Blockbuster and made our way home to watch it downstairs as a family.

It's been a pleasant and quiet day today and Gina's seemed to have had a good birthday. I hope so. It hasn't been a big birthday but it's been a nice one.

This photo was taken at The River Inn Restaurant in Chattanooga, the weekend I drove out to ask Gina to marry me. I am glad she said yes. Time has changed us on the surface, but time will never change our love for one another. Thank you God for Gina!

P.S. Today she's forty-five - my favorite caliber.

No comments: