Wednesday, July 2, 2008

big sister

A while back mother had a flood in her basement. Many of the old family photos were destroyed. I am glad that they were not all destroyed. The photo above was taken in the living room of 2624 Scenic Hwy. Here Jennie is giving her little sister Cindy a ride. It's a sweet shot.

The top-hat Cindy is wearing was authentic. It was a hat Dad had back in his swing band days. Unfortunately, this cool collapsible hat didn't survive our childhood. We wore it till it fell apart. I remember wearing it many Halloweens to top off clown costumes. I wish we still had it. I do though still have dad's old dress dinner jacket. It doesn't fit me but it's still in great shape.

I really like this photo. Jennie was a big sister that played with her younger siblings. I don't recall as a younger brother, ever being shooed away or not wanted around by Jennie. I will say one thing that I could have done without. Jennie liked to tickle. I found out later in life, as I got older and bigger, that she doesn't like to be tickled either.

Now there are those out there who like to be tickled. The Finlaysons had a magic word for it. If you said it, you would get tickled relentlessly. There were children that would literally ask for it. So if you're a kid and want to be tickled till you cry - I'll be happy to give you a hint. Just a hint mind you - because I know better not to come out and say it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tickled?... from Jennie?
HA! HA! HA!
She tickled me SO much when I was a child. I have NO feeling in parts of my body! She mentoned to me one time that because she tickled me so much... that's what caused my M.S. I don't think so, but who knows. Florrie

Katie said...

WOW AUNT FLORRIE IS REALLY INTO THIS.