Wednesday, April 23, 2008

today is tax freedom day

Tax Freedom Day is the first day of the year in which a nation as a whole has theoretically earned enough income to fund its annual tax burden. - Wikipedia

I was listening to Paul Harvey (Ron Chapman filling in) today. He said that the American taxpayer pays more in taxes than we do for food, clothing, and housing combined. I mentioned what I had heard from Ron this morning to Gina and she said, "Why isn't somebody doing something about this?" You've got me Gina...you've got me.

My bookkeeper told me last year that "if you can pay your taxes - you can stay in business." It's the truth. It's amazing what a small business has to pay out in local, state and federal taxes. The government has become the biggest obstacle for the survival of small business.
Post a Comment