Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Old coffee

This morning Gina and I woke up dragging. It's been a wild week so far. I reheated a cup of left-over coffee from yesterday. It was pretty good considering. I'd never done that before but Gina made a whole pot last night for her mother and it felt wasteful to dump all that joe out for a fresh batch. Gina said that the coffee cup that I was drinking out of didn't look too clean last night. I didn't taste anything or nothing bobbed it's head from the surface. It didn't seem to get me started like I had hoped.

Jose' dropped by late in the morning to help me put some new speakers in my old cabinets. As it turned out, the people at Parts Express didn't send me all the parts that I needed. I should have checked the box out a week ago when it arrived. I ordered the parts but doubt if they'll be in by Friday's concert. Jose' hung around for a little while and we had Chinese together. I think that I am just now cooling down from that spicy shrimp dish.

The red van is finally ready to pick up. Now all I need is the money to pay for the repair...maybe tomorrow. It will be nice to have two working vehicles again. The up side? We stuck together and saved on gas throughout the Summer.

Katie doesn't have a show tonight. This is the last week of High School Musical at the Ritz. Katie has had a blast and she does a great job on stage. I will be taking her tomorrow night and will be watching the show all the way through for the first time. Tonight Katie will do her homework and study the math she's been having a hard time with. We were thinking about letting her do the up coming Willie Wonka play but I think she's just too young to handle the responsibilities of doing plays and school too. School wins out every time and I'm not going to let it suffer for the theater darling.

Catch ya' later.

No comments: