Friday, August 17, 2007


I created a new mypace account for my music. I've posted two songs there. My Desire, a song that my friends J. Holland and Allan Rhodes helped me record in my basement about a year ago. Allan brought down his new 16 track recorder and lugged it in to try it out. Before we knew it, we had a song recorded.

The other song is Turn Away. It's a pro-life song that Nori Kelley recorded for me when Gina and I still lived in Bowling Green, KY. Brooky, Michael Bynum and Barbie Kelley did back ground vocals for it. STAND had already been released and so Turn Away became an orphan song in my closet.

I going to start pulling together my orphan recordings from the basement, studio and select live recordings to compile a new CD. I've had a lot of request lately for my music and I have nothing to give but a CD that was released during the last century.

Two songs I'd like to include are Unrighteous Man and Looking At The Future (Brook's song). Both are live recordings when The Guise (Brook, Michael, and myself) led worship at Vineyard earlier this year. I would also like to include Bruce Cornutt's song Sometimes I see Jesus. Jose' did some nice stuff. Hopefully Richard recorded the worship last night.

There are other songs that I'd like to include such as This Is The Way, Pentecost, Jerusalem and Deep Blue. These three songs I have definite ideas, and would like for them to be recorded in studio. Who knows, maybe one day I'll record Praise, one of my earliest songs. I'd love to have a cello and a choir for that one. I'll probably throw in a few more live tracks to make it an even dozen.

2 comments:

Darryl said...

David,

I'm excited about the new CD - be sure to let us know when you get it together.

btw -- the cd from the last century still rates a spot in the cd changer in both of our vehicles!

darryl

David Finlayson said...

wow...thanks Darryl!