Monday, July 2, 2007

weekend rest

I've never had a backache to persist an entire week. I tried to make myself useful but wasn't. I made three visits to the chiropractor that we could not afford. The chiropractor said that I was too tight and needed rest. I couldn't get much of it during the week but Gina encouraged me to stay home Friday and rest the entire weekend. I took full advantage with great appreciation. I stayed downstairs most of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The temperature is cool down there and it's quiet too. Most of the pain was gone by Sunday night but I am still stiff. I rolled out of bed this morning stiff but not hurting which is a good thing. I hope that I am on the other side of this experience. I did not post much last week because I did not feel up to it, nor was my mind on anything but a hurting back. I will probably take one more trip to the chiropractor.

Katie came downstairs Saturday afternoon and asked if she could treat us to a drive-in. She was wanting to see Disney's new mouse movie called Ratatouille. It was a double feature with Fantastic Four. Katie had not seen the latter. I told her that I couldn't do any lifting, that she would have to help load the car. She sprung for the ticket and mom and I sprung for a pizza. We were concerned that it would rain on us but it didn't. It was a very pleasant evening outside. We had a kick ball in the van and it seemed that all the kids present came out to play. They played on the green as the sun went down and until the movie started. Ratatouille by the way is a very good movie. It's not a mind numbing just for kids flick like so many are, but entertaining for grown ups too. I didn't really want to watch FF again but the girls were glued to the screen. I think my kids love the drive-in like I do.

My sister Cindy wants to go out on a drive-in venture this week...probably a weeknight. Maybe we can. The new Die Hard movie is out and I'd like to see Bruce Yippee-Ki-Yea again.

4 comments:

A.J. said...

Hey David!

I really wanna see the new Die Hard movie too, can I come? lol You guys gimme a call if its ok :)

Talk to ya later!

A.J. said...

P.S. I am glad that your back is feeling better :)

David Finlayson said...

I'll let you know. I'd love to have you along!!!!

A.J. said...

Awesome! Thanks!