Monday, June 18, 2007

the weekend

Got back mid-Sunday afternoon from a weekend trip to Chattanooga. Gina and I did the typical tourist thing and went to Ruby Falls Saturday morning. The falls itself is beautiful but it was a busy day under the mountain and we had to wait and wait and wait, move a little, then wait and wait and wait. The tour guides apologized for the busy day but multiple apologies got older as the time passed in those narrow dark places. I guess we were under there a couple of hours and I didn't have fun. The little ones had a grand adventure which is why we went in the first place. I won't be back though.

We went to Coolidge Park Saturday afternoon and that's always fun. It's a great park with water fountains for the kids to play in and an huge old fashioned Carousel. I stepped out in it with my street clothes with hopes that the water would help my feet. Not. I did have fun playing with Katie. I got soaking wet! We also ate at the retro eatery called Cheeseburger-Cheeseburger on Market Street. Eating there is crowded but always a treat.

The weekend was nice but the Ruby Falls expeditions wore my feet out something terrible! All that standing and waiting with no where to sit!!! I had never been there before. I've never riden the incline or gone to SEE ROCK CITY. Gina gave me a father's day gift by rubbing my feet for AN HOUR after we got home Sunday afternoon. Most of the pain went away (mostly in my heel). I sat downstairs on the couch for the rest of the day while washing and folding clothes. Sleuth Channel was showing back to back Rockford Files yesterday. That show is one of my all time favorite TV shows and I never get to see it. It was nice seeing Jim, Rocky, and Dennis again. It would have been nice to see an episode with Angel. Those were great characters and great writing. James Garner is a good actor and has played many a good roll. Jim Rockford is the best character he's ever played.

2 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

I really haven't seen anything that Jim Garner did that wasn't good.
I especially liked 'MY FELLOW AMERICAN'S' with Jack Lemmon.
Funny stuff!!
Sorry about the trip. Sounds like the military was in charge of the tour...hurry up and wait.

Sleuth is a great channel. As I have wrote on my blog...I'm on a HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREET kick. I've been tivo-ing all the episodes so that when I do get to sit down, I have something to watch.

mb

David Finlayson said...

James Garner played opposite Sally Field in MURPHEY'S ROMANCE. Yes, it a romance but I thought Garner did a terrific job.

I loved watching Steve McQueen and James Garner in THE GREAT ESCAPE. Sleuth also played TANK last night. It's not one of my favs but I just like watching Garner.