Thursday, March 19, 2015

LCDR Patillo A. Finlayson, USNR

Click to see larger version.
I received a such a large influx of letters, documents, photos after Uncle Pat's death four years ago, that I am still finding gems every time I rummage through the boxes.  I have yet to read all the wartime letters home from aboard the LST-312,  many of which I will eventually share here at The Long Journey Home blog.  Pat achieved Lieutenant Commander during the Korean War, and served as Information Officer at Orlando Air Force Base until he left the Navy to sign on as Base Historian for Warner Robins AFB until his retirement in the 1980's.  I have many-many great photographs (mostly 8 x 10's) that I have yet scan the first one. Eventually, I'd like to share the majority of these photographs with Warner Robins Museum of Aviation.

No comments: