Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hey Lord



'You Remembered Me' is one of my earlier songs.  I wrote it when Michael Bynum and I were playing around as DREAMER back in the early to mid-80's.  So I've been singing it for 30 some odd years now and it's still a HOOT to sing.  I've sung it solo and sung it with bands. It one of my most requested numbers and I don't think I'll ever get tired of singing it.

My daughter recorded this song down in my studio about a week ago.  The sound quality from her camera mic did alright.  The best this song ever sounded was when Brook and I sang at a coffee house down on Bourbon Street in New Orleans back in the late 90's.  There were about five black men from a mission up the road that got into singing the 'Hey Lord' chorus and I sure wish I had that moment recorded.

 

No comments: