Tuesday, September 3, 2013

woe is me



Several months ago I injured my shoulder.  I seem to feel it in the infraspinatus and teres minor muscles of the scapula.  At first the pain radiated to the anterior, which caused me to wonder the original source of the pain.  I haven't been giving massages lately to give my shoulder time to heal.  Every time I seem to be getting better, I re-injure it.  Darn it!  I was feeling better up until yesterday.  I must have turned wrong in the night and re-injured it.  I really doesn't take much.

About three weeks ago, on our last day of vacation in Panama City, my friend Donnie noticed that my left eye was shutting.  Sure enough, by the time I got home, my eye had completely swollen shut.  The eye doctor said that I had either an infection or some kind of allergic reaction.  She prescribed some steroid cream to rub over the upper part of my eyelid for the first two weeks.  I did, and it got a little better.

Last time I saw her, she instructed me to stop using the steroids because it was causing my eye to swell.  The cream travels through the lid and reached the eye.  I wish that I could use it again because my eye was opening up while using it.  It was affecting my vision.  Three weeks later and my eye is closing again.  The closed lid is also affecting my vision.

When driving around town, I find it easier to drive by going ahead and closing my affected eye.  I've been letting Katie drive as much as possible.  Sometimes I have to drive and so I do.  If this thing doesn't get better soon, I'm going out and buying an eye patch.  My family has been ribbing me that "Daddy looks like a pirate" anyway.

I started my an algebra class a few weeks ago.  I've been having a hard time seeing the overheads and doing the homework.  I kind of wish that I had gotten better before jumping back into the classroom.  It's been kind of crazy as of late.

Other physical problems kept me in bed on my birthday August 19th.  Gina and I were both under the weather on our Anniversary on the 1st.  We didn't do anything but crash, hardly talked to each other.  Fifty-five so far hasn't been working out for me so far.  Boo-hoo.

The good news is that my family still loves me and I'm not dead yet.

No comments: