Friday, May 17, 2013

memorable week already


I missed hearing Nori and Babie Kelley on Friday and Saturday night at Gadsden Christian Fellowship.  I was able to hear them play at the Falls on Tuesday night.  It was a beautiful evening to be there.  Everywhere I looked, I knew people from different times in my life.  It felt kind of like a taste of heaven.  WIND started playing and the sun went down.  I was reminded of our old No Jive Jesus is Alive Falls Festivals Christian Brother's had 30 years ago.

As I was making my way back to the car, Nori and Barbie pulled up and invited me to Cracker Barrel and talk.  It was a great getting to catch up with my dear friends.  They are a wonderful couple, and their girls are beautiful, sweet, and so talented.  They are all so sweet and dear people.  I miss them living near to us.




Tonight I just got back from hearing Danny Daniels at Blackstone Pub.  He performed an incredible eclectic set with a heaping helping of the blues.   I love his style and I love the man.  I've heard him speak and lead worship, but it was great hearing him in a different environment.  After he finished, Danny joined our small circle of friends at the table and talked about music.  I enjoyed listening Danny's road stories.  I wish he'd write a book.  It was a very pleasant evening, but I began to fade.  I wish I had more nights like the nights I've had this week.

I am looking forward to this weekend.  Our church is hosting the Living Sacrifices Worship Conference.  I am paid up and ready to hear more Danny, along with other incredible worship leaders.  I don't know what to expect, but I know it will be out of this world.

I would write more about it all in more detail, but I am tired and it's after one.  I am fading again, ready to get some rest so I can wake up to another incredible day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had fun, too! It was great to be there at Blackstone!

David Finlayson said...

Let's you and me go back sometime soon.