Monday, February 11, 2013

moon pies crying in the rain


My daughter Katie called me a little while ago from school.  She said that they finally opened the new road that connected Gadsden State Community College to the Technical College.  It rained most of the day yesterday and much of today.  It's really sloppy out there.  That didn't stop the parade, at least that's what Katie called it.  She said there was a parade in the rain celebrating the long awaited strip of asphalt.  Katie said that a ton of Moon Pies of all kinds were thrown everywhere.   It seems that not many students wanted to spectate the event in the rain.  Moon Pies in the wet grass, Moon Pies in the road, Moon Pies in puddles, Moon Pies everywhere!  Katie said that she picked many off the ground because the harvest was bountiful and few others seemed interested in the great Moon Pie harvest.  I can't imagine folks not wanting to pick up free Moon Pies.   I'm tempted to get in my car and drive over there with my duffle-bag.

No comments: