Wednesday, June 22, 2011

one family under God

Our old '92 Mazda minivan went haywire two and a half weeks ago.  It was due to some kind of weird electrical thingamajig going bad.  Like most families, we have to be in different places at the same time.  Life has been a juggling act as of late.  My wonderful mechanic Bill Noah says he finally located the part needed to fix our van.  We are driving everywhere in my 1973 Super Beetle.  Needless to say we have been a closer family as of late.

We leave home earlier in the day and come back later in the day.  We zip around Etowah County and leave each other off to get stranded at places until someone comes along with the ride.  It's not so bad, but it it's not so good either.

I am very thankful that we do have the car we have.  We are daily inconvenienced but getting along.  I sure wish our mechanic will call soon to say the van is good to go.  For a while there, I thought I'd be getting a call saying the part is no more - making the van no more.  I was relieved to hear that reliable Bill eventually found the part.

RULE Np: 1  If you want something in life, you've got to make sacrifices.

Gina and I wanted to have a business together.  This has always been our dream.  We opened our clinic doors in July of 2006 after Gina became a certified lymphedema therapist.  The new healthcare laws have dramatically limited what we can do for our patients.  The laws also cut therapist reimbursement.  Once again our government has seriously challenged our business.  We are currently looking into other avenues to invest in our company's future.


Gina and I realized a long time ago that we can't have everything we want now.  Like most privately owned business today, going through a bad economy, we have to daily endeavor to persevere.  There are a lot of people, a lot of small businesses in the same boat that we are.  We are not the only ones trying to stay afloat these days.  We are still manning the wheel, controlling the yard, doing our best to keep a steady course.  I just wish those clowns in Washington would quit drilling holes in our hull as they try out their grand social experiments.

After all this endeavoring, all this effort, I look at my old vehicles  and hope they have enough miles left in them to get us over and past this hard road ahead.  We will continue to make whatever sacrifices to make it to safer waters.  I pray for my family, my business.  I also pray for your family and your business.  I am praying for my country too.
 

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”- Joshua 24:15

God bless America.  Let's all do our part to keep her under God's protective wing and protection.

No comments: