Monday, May 2, 2011

long drive through a short weekend

Nothing much to say about this weekend.  We checked the kids out from school and drove-drove-drove.  The kids are great travelers.  We arrived around midnight at my sister Jennie's house in Fort Mill, SC.

There we hooked up with other family members, Mom, Brooky & Cindy.  Not much time to visit with each other...short or chopped-off conversations.  Little time to really  rest during the weekend.

We drove to Pat's funeral at Old St. David's Church.  It was a beautiful morning to see Pat off.  I took about 15 minutes to walk around downtown Cheraw with Katie.  There was little time for anything, but appreciative for the moments that I had.

We had to make too many stops back home to Alabama on Sunday.  We arrived in Etowah County as the sun was setting.  It was a good sleep last night after returning home.  I am very tired though...very tired.

While driving home I kept thinking how much I will miss uncle Pat.  We will no longer e-mail each other, no longer write each other, no longer talk on the phone.  Like my father - I will no longer see his sweet smiling face on this Earth again.  I will see him one day though.
Pat & Westbrook Finlayson

No comments: