Wednesday, November 10, 2010

places: breakfast

Eggs, chip beef on toast, bacon, sausage, anything off the menu and everything. The works. We fill our bellies as if it was our last supper together. The cross can wait. We fill our hearts with each other. We won't let the dangers that may follow spoil what precious hours we have together.

I am feeling better.

I am feeling so much better. Her presence, her touch is what this aching soul needed.
This is our promise to each other. Today all our troubles are pushed back to a far distance. We'll make no promises to each other. We won't speak of the future. We only have this moment. We'll spend it with each other.

We laugh. We act like young lovers.

I look at your glowing face across the table and drink it in like wine. Her warmth, her beauty she offers to me freely. I had never known a love like this. There is no need for conquest or taking. With Camille I have discovered a love comprised of selfless sacrifice. Her love is assuring and comforting. Her love gives me the desire to return it selflessly in kind.

I'd never had a place like Alice talked about. A home that he had come, and would ever wait for his return. I had never had that kind of place. I was always outside looking in. I came from a vacant lot. Maybe you and I will never have a house, but today I have a home. For years I had been looking for a place made by brick and mortar. Why am surprised where I found it. I have found this place in you.

If I could only put her smile in my pocket. If only I could wrap her tenderness around me like a coat. I could go anywhere. I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death. I am driving back there tomorrow. But today I am with you. I am basking in you. I will take tomorrow as it comes.

No comments: