Thursday, June 24, 2010

her life aquatic

I've been taking Kelsey over to the Y to learn how to swim for the past few weeks.  I didn't see any real progress during all that time I sat at poolside watching.  It seemed to me that the instructors spent more time trying to get the kids to dive than swim.  Today was the last day of lessons.  All the kids were to dive in and swim across the breadth of the pool for final validation.  Katie and I sat there with doubts of Kelsey's challenge that lay ahead.  

Kelsey jumped in and got busy.  I was surprised that she made it all the way across without assistance.  We could tell how serious and determined she was by her strong steady strokes.   I snapped a picture as she held her soggy diploma.  I told her how proud I was of her.  She told me that she didn't know if she was going to be able to do it or not - and that she DID!  It's a good life lesson for her.  She saw the challenge and dove right in there.  I am very proud indeed.

No comments: