Monday, April 5, 2010

three kinds of touch

Like our words, there is more to our touch than we believe.

I thought of three kinds of touch that I administered Friday through out the day. As a husband, I know what a touch means to my wife. A mere hug seems to brighten her day.  It is a fuel for her.  She requires lots of hugs.

Kelsey, my youngest daughter, came to me for a hug that day.  I was sitting on the couch and she walked in the room, walked straight for me, and buried herself in a big daddy hug.  She looked up and smiled, then walked out of the room.  She came specifically for a hug from me.  I guess something inside her needed that touch.

I had a client come to the office for a chair massage.  Toward the end of the session, an issue arose, and I spent the extra time needed to address the specific areas of need.  Massage therapy is manual work, but it more than often just as beneficial to the therapist as it is the client.  The client's needs were met, and I felt rewarded because I was able to touch and relieve my client's pain.

All the touch that I experienced Friday was given, but I received the blessing as well. I love how God made us.

No comments: