Saturday, February 13, 2010

snow day

I got a call yesterday from Katie.  She said that school was letting out early and needed to be picked up.  I got the girls and drove to the grocery store to pick up some milk and bread.  Seriously, I was completely out at home.  I also picked up some chili fixings.

I let the Katie and Kelsey stay out and play in the snow.  They made snow angels and a snow man.  It was their first attempt at ever making a snowman.  They had a blast.  I stayed inside and made the chili.  Katie came in and helped me make some snow icecream.

We saved some snow icecream for mommy when she got home.  Gina sat down and ate it with tears in her eyes.  She said that she had never had snow icecream before and thought it was quite good.  She was very moved by the moment.   I remembered my mom making us snow icecream everytime it snowed.  Gina later told me that the moment  brought back a flood of memories for her.

The only thing missing from yesterday was a sled.

No comments: