Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Scrooge

'Scrooge' came out in 1970 and starred Albert Finney and Alec Guiness. This is a musical, and it's among my favorite interpretations of 'A Christmas Carol'. In this segment of the story, Scrooge gets wrapped in singing a song with the townspeople. He has no idea that they are thanking Scrooge for dying!

I have this on VHS with hope to find it on DVD sometime in the near future. A few weeks ago the family went to see the new Disney digital telling which is very impressive. The Disney movie scared Kelsey - she didn't like it. Gina showed Kelsey the Albert Finney version and she loved it.

2 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

Hey, David! Do you know if there is an older version of this? I ask because I have vaue memories of watching it in black and white several years ago. However, the Scrooge character looks pretty much the same, except I think his hair was whiter. Thanks for posting, cause it's my favorite version, but I couldn't find it and no one I asked about it knew what I was talking about. : ) btw, thanks again for your office parking and bathroom! Denise

David Finlayson said...

There are many versions of Charles Dicken's 'A Christmas Carol' out there. Black and white versions consisted of Alastair Sim, Reginald Owen, or Seymour Hicks as Ebeneezer Scrooge. Everyone has their own favorite version.

Resent color versions have Henry Winkler, George C. Scott, Patrick Stewart playing Scrooge.

I'm sure you remember Bill Murray's 'Scrooged' that came out in 1988.