Wednesday, November 25, 2009

little time lately

My mind hasn't really been on blogging as of recent. Last few weeks I had my head buried in books. I was very relieved to have passed the exam last Saturday. I am glad to have it all behind me. I am now a nationally certified massage therapist. I am waiting for my license from the Alabama Board of Massage &Therapy to come my way. The board meets on the 30th and I should be good to go by the end of the year - probably sooner.

I was hoping that this week would be a little rest after the stress and test...not so. Sunday, immediately upon returning to Gadsden, I fell down an entire flight of stairs while looking at an old building on Broad Street. Gina and I are always on the lookout for a location for OTG - a place of our own. I didn't break anything during the fall, but I knew that I would feel it the next day. It's Wednesday night and I am still feeling it - especially my tailbone.

Sore or not - Gina was determined that I do some deep cleaning at the house. Monday I found myself on my hands and knees cleaning the carpet at the house. Don't let those machine rentals fool you - it's not an easy task. You still have to shift furniture around if you're going to do the job right. You still have to get down on your hand and knees to get rid of all those hundreds of stains. Machines are great - but there's no solution so far that can replace elbow grease. Cleaning the carpet took up the better part of two days. Poor Katie, I pulled her into the task and she worked very hard. I appreciated her positive attitude during the entire ordeal. She's a good kid.

Today was a little lighter. I did some cooking for Thanksgiving and some light house cleaning. I am still achy from the fall and from the floor work. I am still in the state of disbelief that I no longer have to study-study-study. I am on the other side of it now.

I haven't been to the office much these past few weeks. I haven't been around a computer as much. I feel as if my wheels are still off the ground. I am glad that I don't have to be studying, that's for sure. I feel as if I am in limbo.

No comments: