Thursday, November 26, 2009

jive turkey

Today was an unusual Thanksgiving. Usually there's lots of music. Family members get together to share a meal, bring their instruments, sing and talk. I nearly didn't bring my guitar, but Gina insisted that I take it. I ended up leaving it in the car. It's been a crazy week and I was in another zone today. It was a pleasant Thanksgiving, different from all preceding Thanksgivings.

The food was out of this world but I didn't fill my plate, nor did I stuff myself sick. I did however graze through out the evening. I sampled most of everything through out the evening, but never felt stuffed. No one pulled out their instruments. Everyone seemed to just want to talk and be together.

I didn't get to talk to everyone there. I did move around a good bit and listen in on some conversations and enjoyed a few intimate conversations of my own. Today was like tuning in and out of channels on the radio - wandering the dial - taking a little in here and there. Mine is a big family. Everyone is caught up in their own world and challenges.

Like I said, it was all different, but pleasant. I wouldn't wish it any different. I could have easily have stayed home and slept the day away. I am glad that I didn't. I am in a weird little mood today.

No comments: