Thursday, July 30, 2009

happy birthday

Yesterday, Wednesday, was Gina's birthday. No cake, no candles, only a few presents. Gina had scheduled her patients so she could kick back. We both got a good sleep and woke up when we darn well pleased. All she asked of me was that I give her a good foot massage. I sat by the bed and gave her a good foot massage.

Katie and Kelsey spent a long time making birthday cards. I had purchased two seasons of Frasier for her. She was very happy. I wish we had time to do more.

Gina had asked me to help her pick up a small desk from storage that she used as a kid. Kelsey is starting first grade this year and Mommy wanted Kelsey to have her own little area to do her homework.

With all the running around today, we didn't have much time to celebrate. I had an evening class and the day seemed to fly by. Before I knew it, I was saying goodbye. She did take the girls to Cracker Barrel while I was in class. I really would like to do something out of the ordinary for her. Maybe we can do something special for her birthday this weekend.

2 comments:

Bobby said...

hope you're feeling better!

David Finlayson said...

I had a relatively good day yesterday. Today I felt terrible most of the day. Fortunately I got over the headache and general bad feeling about two hours into clinic tonight. I am feeling better this evening. Thanks for your prayers.