Wednesday, June 3, 2009

life rolls on

The owner of the old Warehouse Restaurant building had a huge tree cut down. It took the guy almost all of last week to carefully bring it down because it was inches away from the building. There were branches hanging over the roof of the building that were as big as trees. It seemed a tedious task. Gina asked the guy for the wood and he was more than happy to not have to haul it somewhere. He was nice enough to cut it into fireplace length pieces. The wood that was taken from the base of the massive tree is foreboding in width. I took two trips on my trailer yesterday (in the heat). I think it will take two more loads. Two loads not because of the quantity of the wood - but the size of each peace. The very base of the tree is an interesting shape and is about four feet in diameter (roughly speaking). It could be an interesting coffee table. It surely weighs over two hundred pounds. I am going to try to roll it up the ramp of my trailer. Frankly, I am scared of it. It looks terribly heavy. The grass at the office needs mowing and I can't start cutting until I get the wood off the grass. I've been to two classes since I last blogged.

I am quickly getting overwhelmed by the volume of work that will need to be tackled by the end of nine weeks. I've got to get back into the study all the time zombie mode and fast. Already I've been assigned pathology case studies. There are tons of quizzes/tests coming my way. It's a shout Summer semester and I can't afford to miss a day of it.

Judge Roy Moore contacted me a few weeks ago and asked if I was available to help do the design work for his campaign like last time. Holland and I burned a lot of midnight oil during Moore's run for governor in 2006. Handling school and design work is going to make for a busy Summer.
He's a very sweet individual. I look forward to working with him again.

I am sore from hauling and stacking wood and drained from the morning to night shuffle. I woke up this morning tired and sore. I've taken two pain relievers and about to go hook up the trailer for another round with the wood. By the way...does anyone want an interesting looking coffee table?

No comments: