Saturday, June 13, 2009

where did she go?

What happened to my little Katie? She's that little girl I used to call my little ragamuffin. She's now teenager. That's right, Katie Finlayson is now 13. No, she's not a little ragamuffin - she a young lady. I still get a dozen hugs a day - just like I used to get from her when she was little one. I am very proud of Katie - her heart - her mind - her everything. This daddy is proud. I like most dad's feel in moments like this - like time is on a fast track.

My children are speeding forward quicker that I prefer. I am enjoying each moment. My girls are among the biggest blessings in my life. I remember the years that we were not sure Gina was going to be able to have children. The doctors in Louisville pretty much told Gina that she would either have to undergo surgery or super drugs. On our way back home to Bowling Green, KY, Gina told me that she didn't want to go further with trying to have a baby. "If God wants me to have a baby - He'll just have to perform a miracle and heal my body." That moment in time was a big moment for Gina. She had been going through an emotional roller coaster because she couldn't conceive. Gina had to come to a place where she had to give up her efforts and give it to God.

Indeed God did heal and God did bless us. It took place in Michael Bynum's kitchen - not the conception - but the healing. The Bynums were having a kinship at their house at the time. We were in town and went to the kinship. Gina told me that Mike and Vickie had prayed over her and that she believed that she was healed.

She was.

So along came Katie. A young girl that blesses my heart with her presence in my life. Happy Birthday daughter - I love you and so very proud of you!

1 comment:

Greene Street Letters said...

David...
The weird part about being a parent is that by the time you feel like you've got a handle on how to do it.....the kids are gone.
I bless you my friend.
You and Gina have poured your lives into your children and it shows....
michael b