Friday, June 12, 2009

unusually good day

Today was a quiet day. I mowed the lawn, light housecleaning, studied for and aced an online Pathology test. I checked my email afterward and found an email from a very old friend. I blogged about Dan Parrish in May of last year. His family left town not long after his dad died back in 1969. I hadn't seen him since I was in sixth grade. It was a hope that he might one day come across the site and respond. Well, he did. I can't express how I felt. I can't tell you how many times I thought about him down through the decades - wondering where he ended up. I found an old friend that I thought lost forever. How cool is that?

Early in the afternoon I got a call from Judge Roy Moore. He said he was heading to my house and wanted some help on a project. He came by and we spent a few hours at my house working and talking. I really like this man.


I can't explain the day. It was quiet. Katie and Kelsey worked and played together like sisters should. I found an old friend and had a great conversation with a great man. I am tired and needing to get another online quiz behind me. I need to weed-eat before the sun disappears. I've got clinic tomorrow - I've still got things to do.

No comments: