Sunday, June 14, 2009

see beautiful noccalula falls meet the creep

This afternoon Gina drove to the park ahead of me to secure a pavilion at Noccalula Falls Park. I followed in the other van so I could stop at the grocery store and pick up some bags of ice. We had decided to have the luau themed party for Katie's thirteenth even amid the rain. So Gina gets there before I do. She walks over to the office to talk to the guy about renting a pavilion. The conversation started friendly and jovial but then turned creepy real fast. The Parks & Recreation work asked where Gina lived - then asked if she was single. Gina said that she was married. He then asked if she would be interested in having an affair anyway - just don't tell her husband. I don't know how long the sleazy character has worked up at the falls but he's going to say the wrong thing to the wrong wife one of these days and end up in a world of hurt. All it takes is one.

The rain came and the sky was dark. Faithful family showed up to wish Katie a happy birthday. We had a pleasant time in spite of the creepy park guy and the weather. Gina had prepped a killer Pineapple Punch and Mary made a chocolate on chocolate birthday cake. Mary's made Katie's birthday cake every years since she was born. It was a pleasant afternoon.


I came home and unloaded the car. Judge Moore asked to come by and we worked some more on a design project. I really enjoy having him over. We are both very happy with the outcome of the project. I will share the at my design blog in good time.


I am looking forward to playing at Moon Song Songwriter's Cafe' this coming Friday night. I've secured Ron Greer to join us on his stand-up bass. I am looking forward to playing with Ron again. He's a fun fellow to be around and I didn't learn until recently that he too is a graphic designer and cartoonist. Maybe that's why we get along so well together. Brook and Michael seem to be anticipating The Guise reunion at the songwriter's cafe' as well. I've been listening to some old recordings from Christian Brother's days of The Guise. I am trying to reacquaint myself with some of our old tunes.


Massage clinic went well Saturday. I am still kind of tired from it. Maybe I am just tired from the entire previous week. I am constantly having to be working on school stuff - even when I am not in class - I have to be prepping and studying. I feel behind even though I've been doing as much as I can to stay on top. I am sure that I am just as much on top of things if not more so than my fellow classmates - still - it's so much work. I feel guilty if am not doing something toward school each day because of the intense work load. There's no slack. I am overwhelmed. I might not do as good as I did the previous semesters because I have so much on my plate. I am sure though that I will get through it - maybe not with a 4.0 average - but I will get through it. My blood pressure is off the scale again - very high.


Tomorrow is the third week of a nine week semester. It's a hard and fast one I tell you. I'm feeling better about my S.O.A.P notes and feeling good about the quality of my massages. I learned some new stuff during clinics this past Saturday. I like it when an instructor shows a move/approach to add to my repertoire. Though I feel like I am getting better - I know that there's lots of room for improvement. I always dread going to clinic - but I always enjoy it when I get there. I don't know why I dread it like I do. It's usually always a very educational and rewarding experience.

No comments: